Announcing a job opportunity at MASSIVE GOODS in New York City!
Position: Office Manager/Marketing Associate
Job Description: Candidate will be joining a dynamic but small team at MASSIVE, which specializes in publishing, fashion, merchandising and international licensing. We’re looking, therefore, for someone who is comfortable assuming a variety of roles, from the most menial office tasks to high-level strategic thinking. Candidate must be able to troubleshoot, think on their toes, and be comfortable with transgressive, adult, and sometimes controversial artwork.
Terms: This is a part-time position beginning with a 3 month freelance trial at the end of which we will review the possibility of full-time employment.
- Located in the New York City area
- English fluency
- Web Literacy
- Proficiency in different communication styles, most notably: email, promotional copy, social media.
- Must be very organized, and able to track own progress
- Ability to understand database systems
- Proficiency in “Office” programs (documents, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Competency in WordPress, Tumblr and other similar platforms
- Engagement and interest in queer and feminist art, design and media
Added bonus if:
- Candidate possesses background in fashion, design, publishing, comics, manga, and/or Japanese culture
- Candidate understands Japanese language
- Candidate understands web analytics
- Candidate has proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN BODY OF EMAIL TO MASSIVE.MERCH-AT-GMAIL.COM WITH “[YOUR FULL NAME] POSITION CANDIDATE” IN THE SUBJECT HEADING.
MASSIVE GOODS is a fashion brand, publisher, and creative agency representing queer and feminist artists from Japan.